Wednesday, November 30, 2005

from chisel to wrecking ball

Wow its been a while... A lot has happen but nothing to big to note, except WAR EAGLE!! Thanksgiving with the fam was good as well. Now i'm just kind of gearing up for exams.

So I've been somewhat apathetic lately. I think it originated we me seeing Thanksgiving as just a do nothing time, because do nothing i did. Unfortunately, the "do nothing" carried over to me spending time with the Lord, which carries its effects. Praise the Lord His Grace is always there and His love is just as strong no matter how much time we spend with Him but it takes its toll on your focus and what is real in your life. So, as a result I've been refocusing on how amazing He is and how much more real His glory is than those trifle things we worry about.

The highlight of this refocusing occured in the shower this morning. I was having a conversation with the Lord, which is always amazing because He lets me spill my side of the story even though it's totally off the wall, then with the utmost patience He gently corrects me. So I was asking the Lord about this "blah" and the Holy Spirit just quickened me to praise. Of course being the somewhat stubborn person that i sometimes am I responded with a "but that can't be it it must be something deeper" type answer. So when I was done wasting my own time with my dumb solution I just began to praise. Hello blah. It was pretty much like trying to knock down a concrete wall with a tiny chisel. Then the Holy Spirit reminded me of Jericho and about Paul and Silas in jail. Suddenly the chisel became a wrecking ball as I just began to take my small mind and try to wrap it around how incredibly huge and amazing He is. And my walls fell down faster than Brodie Croyle in the iron bowl! Then on top of that the Lord completely confirmed His moving by a word from one of my amazing friends that He has blessed me with.

How in the world can we walk around and not be busting at the seams with the joy of the Lord?? There is such power in our praise! Oh how much do we limit God's power in our lives by our small view of Him? Look at who the Word says we are! We are the righteousness of God in Christ! Why do we identify ourselves with our struggles so many times? Why in our minds does our potential to sin so many times outway the potential for God's glory to overcome in our lives?

Thats all I got.... you stay classy

grace and peace

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home