Wednesday, October 12, 2005

"He who finds a wife finds a good thing"

Wow this is like two posts in one day... thats probably a little wierd but I'm just in the mood.....

So I've been thinking a lot lately about my wife. It's a funny paradox actually, because I've never felt this inadequate in being a boyfriend or even the "h" word but I've also never felt more confident and at peace about my relationship with my future wife and who she will be. I have a deeper peace that the Lord has somebody very specific for me than I've ever had before.
A while back I started praying for my wife. I pray that the Lord would bless her that day and that He would allow her to experience something cool that she could tell me about one day. Back when I started, the prayer seemed kind of empty, like I was praying for something that didn't exist, which of course it didn't. Then all of a sudden it started to seem like I was actually praying for a living breathing person that exists and the more and more I pray the more I feel like I know this person. It is one of the coolest things ever. I can't really see her face in my spirit but it's like I know her spirit.

So here is my wife: she has a confident assurance that marks her countenance because she has a genuine relationship with the Lord and she knows who she is in Christ. She is fun-loving but knows when to be serious. She loves to have deep conversation and could talk about the Lord all night long. She respects people but also respects herself enough to not be satisfied with any less treatment than she deserves. She is loving but bold. She is sensitive to the Holy Spirit.

This is just a small glimpse of the person that I pray for. Even still, I am completely trusting the Lord as to who I am supposed to be with and I trust Him to place me with the person I need to be, but I really believe this is the girl, whoever she may be.

If you think about it, the fact that there is substance to my prayer is scripture. In essence I'm believing by faith for my wife, and Hebrews 11 says "Faith is the substance of things hoped for, the evidence of things not seen." So in other words, there is a substance of faith on the inside of me which gives me evidence of my wife that I do not see yet. Kinda cool.

And for all you guys who are making fun of me right now you just wait and see how incredible this girl is..... then we'll see who's laughing.... and yes i'm a hopeless romantic... but not really

oh and feel free to leave comments, i'd like to know who reads...

grace and peace

2 Comments:

At 10:56 AM, Blogger Jon Mark said...

i'm reading.

 
At 10:41 PM, Blogger Erin said...

Is this Chase Sievers?! This is Erin B., by the way. If this isn't Chase Sievers, sorry about that. But if it is, hey! I really like this post. That is amazing.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home