Wednesday, October 12, 2005

life hidden

"My life is now hidden in Christ. It is no longer I who lives, but Christ who lives in me."

I don't think we fully understand the implications of that. I don't think we can understand fully. I mean to try and wrap your mind around the concept that the savior of the world, the Living Word lives through me is quite impossible. I've been thinking about what it means to have Christ live in you. Now obviously we can take the reigns from Christ in our lives and shove him to the background, but what would it look like for us to totally allow Christ to live in us. Thankfully we have the Word to turn to, so that we can get a glimpse of what our lives should look like, or what His life should look like in us. So let's think about that.....
Christ's character is essentially described in the fruits of the spirit, which would make sense seeing as how the Holy Spirit lived on the inside of Him. Jesus truly portrayed what it meant to be in the world but not of the world. We see this by His command over the elements of the earth, and consequently His command over Satan's perversion of God's creation (i.e. sickness, disaster, death, etc.). We see Jesus never being moved by any troubling situation. When things rose up against Him He spoke to it and told it to go. We see Jesus patient in affliction because He fully knew that the Lord would deliver Him.

So now what is the implication of "Christ lives in me"? Yeah there's where my mind is blown.

My mind is basically blown from seeing everything I just listed about Christ and comparing it to me. My tendency is to say that that is impossible. My spirit always catches me though and forces me to see that that is the potential God sees in us.....yeah another wow....... So am I saying that because Christ lives in us we can exemplify His character in our lives? Yes. Am I saying that God has given us the name of Jesus and the power to speak in faith and situations and mountains actually move just as in Jesus' life? Right again. Why do we shy away from that though? Could it be that we have not moved up higher as a church because we have seen our potential IN CHRIST as something unattainable, and we have seen the life of Christ as something to just be in awe of and not as something that should be seen in our own lives? Could be.

grace and peace

1 Comments:

At 1:00 PM, Blogger bloggrez said...

This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home