Sunday, October 30, 2005

sea-bound mountains

I need to bust loose of some stuff, and I've decided that I'm going to make a post out of it, mostly because some other people might be experiencing the same thing. So here we go. This is basically going to be the Holy Spirit straightening me out.

I have, for whatever reason, been allowing a spirit of anxiety, heaviness and condemnation to rest over me. I've been feeling overwhelmed by what I see in the natural- basically things that look contrary to what I am praying for. I've been focussing on the wind and the waves and what I can do about them. I've been feeling like what I say just goes through one ear and out the other. I've been feeling like I haven't been used.

Well blah with that. I just needed to get that out. So that's what I've been feeling.... now here is truth!

Praise the Lord for truth! Things that we don't see are so much more permanant than things we see! I praise the Lord for Mark 11:22-24!

"And Jesus answering saith unto them, 'Have faith in God.' For verily I say unto you. That whosoever shall say unto this mountain, 'Be thou removed, and be thou cast into the sea; and shall not doubt in his heart, but shall believe that those things which he saith shall come to pass; he shall have whatsoever he saith. Therefore I say unto you, what things soever you desire, when you pray, believe that you receive them, and ye shall have them."

Glory to God! I thank God that I can speak to mountains in my life and tell them to move and they have to move because MY GOD IS BIGGER! Jesus said "whosoever" and I am a whosoever!!!! Praise God! That spirit of heaviness has to go in the name of Jesus! That spirit is a mountain, a lie that has to conform to the truth that God has given me "a spirit of power, love and of a sound mind!" Praise the Lord we can stand on His Word and know that He will bring it to pass! I will not be moved by what I see, feel or hear because all of that is temporary compared to the Word. I have acted on the Word and I "believe that I receive." Now I expect change because God's Word never fails. I may not see it right away in the natural but my spiritual eyes of faith see it and that's all that matters! When Jesus spoke to the fig tree it didn't wither right away but that didn't phase Jesus! He believed what He said would come to pass! Then He told us that we could do the same thing! Praise His name!

What can shake us when we have a passage of scripture like this? What can steal our joy? What can get us down? What weapon of the enemy can affect us? What mountain is big enough? I think I know the answer...

Well I realize that this was a very vulnerable to do on a blog but it's what I felt led to do. I just typed myself happy! If no one else got anything out of it, I did. Praise God that I have a spirit of power, love and of a sound mind. No weapon formed against me shall prosper! I have the mind of Christ! Greater is He that is in me than he that is in the world! I am more than a conqueror in Christ! I will not look at the wind and the waves but at the one who gave His life for me because He is my hope!

"Now thanks be unto God, which always causes us to triumph in Christ, and maketh manifest the savour of his knowledge by us in every place." -- II Corinthians 2:14

grace and peace

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home